Monday, July 23, 2007

Look what I did.....


Half way through, i thought, "oh boy, my mother's gonna kill me!!"...LOL

I have wanted a tattoo for years but have always been too much of a chicken to go and get one done. I also wanted to have something that would mean as much to me at the age of 65 as it does now. Because we all know that what is cool at 35 might not be cool at 65..lol

I decided on an awareness ribbon for Jackson. Raising awareness about Down syndrome is something i try to do every day and is something that i will always do. So this just felt right. I have two blue stars on one side of the ribbon that represent my daughter, Jennifer, and my son, Jeremy. The yellow star represents Jackson. I Love it and wil treasure it for the rest of my life!!


P.s....these pics were taken right afterwards and it turns out i am a 'bleeder'..lol so my yellow half of the ribbon is a little "pink"..lol

I will post better pics in a few weeks once it has completely healed. :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I've been wanting to do the same thing but my hubby would kill me, lol! I can't wait to see a picture of it after it's healed!

Unknown said...

i love it! I do like that you really put some thought into it and put something so meaningful to you. It'll look great when you're 90!

Oh.. a belated happy anniversary too. 17 years - wow.. CONGRATULATIONS!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I was thinking their was something wrong with my screen because it didn't look yellow to me, but then you explained it. You are a braver woman than me!

Kei said...

Whoo hoo! I'm stll trying to figure out what my family ink will be... I'm so wanting another tattoo.
Can't wait to see the pics of yours all healed.

Megsie HoHo said...

Love it! I have been wanting a tattoo as well to represent my son, Logan. I am thinking 21 stars down my back... but who knows.